Having a garden and being able to enjoy it as much as possible is so important. I know for myself, enjoying my time in the garden has a lot of benefits, both physically and mentally. As I grow older, and think about downsizing, I know that having at least a small yard, instead of the 4 acres I currently have, is a must. Improving your yard and garden is one of the key ways of being able to make your home stand out, and add some value. If you are looking to sell your home a nice yard and garden alone can add as much as 20% to your house value and past research has shown that approximately 70% of home buyers would pay more for a property with an outdoor green space. A further study showed that 57% of people that did not have a garden at their property, would look for one when looking for a new home.
There are so many different factors that you need to focus on when you are trying to improve your garden, and focusing on making your outdoor space look as great as possible makes a massive difference. Beautifying your garden is one of the key ways of being able to make your home stand out, and add some value to it in the process. Here are some of the best ways to beautify your garden in style in the coming new year without costing a lot of money.
- Curb Appeal: Focus on the front yard. Keep the lawn well-manicured, add fresh mulch to flower beds, and consider planting flowers for a welcoming look. Companies like TruGreen Lawn Care are the perfect option for helping to improve your lawn, and allowing you to enhance your lawn maintenance.
- Tidy Up: Remove any clutter, dead plants, or old decorations. A clean and well-maintained garden creates a positive impression.
- Define Spaces: Create distinct areas for dining, lounging, or gardening. Define these spaces with furniture or landscaping features. Raised bed vegetable gardens have become very popular and can not only add beauty to the garden, but showcases the potential of the garden area, offering a ready-to-use space for growing fresh produce, which can be a desirable feature for eco-conscious or health-oriented buyers.
- Lighting: Outdoor lighting can add ambiance and make the space usable at night. Consider solar-powered lights for energy efficiency.
- Repair and Maintenance: Fix any broken fences, pathways, or garden structures. Make sure everything looks well cared for.
- Water Features: A small fountain or birdbath can add a touch of tranquility to the garden, attracting potential buyers.
- Outdoor Living Space: If space allows, consider adding a deck, patio, or seating area to showcase potential for outdoor entertainment.
- Plant Some Flowers: Adding flowers is a great way of bolstering the visual beauty of your garden, and creating a more pleasant and attractive place to live. If you are considering selling your home, opt for a neutral palette to appeal to a wide range of tastes. If you are planting for yourself, there are so many different flowers you can choose from. This is a great way of being able to improve your garden, and, make your home come across in the best possible way too.
- Create a Social Space: With inflation on the rise and people spending more time at home, if you can create an outdoor living space in your garden, you’ll have a great environment for gatherings and family fun. Remember, enhancing your yard and garden doesn’t have to be expensive. Focus on tidiness, simplicity, and enhancing the natural beauty of the space.
Whether you have plans to sell your home, or just want to enhance it for your own enjoyment, consider making an investment in your outdoor space.
This is a partnered post and contains affiliate links.