- Start your new garden journal now write down each goal on a separate page.
- What do you need to complete that goal? Order seed books? Get your seed starting supplies?
- If you want to build structures visualize them on paper with a vision board. Get out all of your old magazines (I know you keep them, don’t let anyone tell you you are a hoarder! Garden magazines don’t count) Cut out pictures you like and create a “vision” board of your idea gardenand the things you want in it, and where you want them placed. Cruise the web during these cold winter days for free plans or plans you need to order.
- Need to replace any tools? Go out to the garage or garden shed and take stock of what you need and write it down in your journal. As you attend spring yard sales or estate sells you may be able to pick up some for less money.
- Take a walk in your gardens and decide what can be divided or moved.
- Order seed and flower magazines for inspiration.
- Think back to last years garden. Too many tomatoes? Not enough green beans? Plan now for what you will need this spring.
- Visit your local library and get fresh inspiration from gardening books. Have you been wanting to learn to compost? Wondered about companion planting?
Hoping you the best garden ever in 2010