These are my granddaughter’s Mackenzie and Kendall in the garden. Introducing children to the garden at an early age helps foster a life long love of gardening. Children are curious and gardening can be a great tool for learning.
- There attention span is short. Gardening projects should be short and simple.
- Allow them to dig holes, place seeds, and water.
- Make the time in the garden enjoyable. If they become distracted, that’s okay.
- Use kid size gardening tools.
- Enjoy the experience, and don’t expect perfection.
- Take pictures of them gardening, what they grow, and the progress of growing.
- Make a dish together using the vegetables you grow.