Are you lucky enough to have a cut flower garden? Or, like me, do you gravitate toward the fresh cut flowers at the farmer’s market? Either way, you’ve brought those beautiful blooms home and we want to keep them as long as we can! Just follow these tips for a long lasting bouquet of fresh cut flowers.
- If you are harvesting from your own garden, harvest early in the morning, or in the evening.
- Take a clean container or bucket of fresh, clean water with you.
- If you purchase from the store or farmers market, place in water as soon as possible.
- Before you arrange your flowers, remove any stems or leaves that will be below the water line. Leaves have bacteria and will decrease the life of your flowers if allowed to stay underwater.
- Cut the stems at an angle. It gives the stem more area to soak up water.
- Add a flower preservative such as Floralife that contains sugar, an acidifier, and biocide.
- Completely empty old water every day and add fresh, clean, cool water.
- Keep out of direct sunlight.
Following these few simple steps will ensure you can enjoy those beautiful blooms as long as possible. I have included some of my favorite things to for cutting and keeping bouquets.
Click on the photo below to BUY NOW
*I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.